Our delicious Banana Bread is a real winner in the kitchen.
Here is the banana bread recipe so that you can bake your own.
The taste of the banana bread will improve if it stands for two days (If you can wait that long!)
Ingredients for the Banana Bread:
1/2 cup of Butter
1 cup of Sugar
2 cups of Wheat Cake Flour
2 teaspoons of Baking Powder
4 Medium sized Bananas
1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
1/2 teaspoon of Salt
- Beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Now add the vanilla essence.
- Add the eggs one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Sieve all the dry ingredients and add it to the butter mixture.
- Peel the bananas and mash them with a fork, add it to the mixture.
- Mix very well and add it to a prepared bread tin.
- Bake for one hour at 180°C
- To make sure that the banana bread is done pierce it with a cake tester and if it comes out clean – the bread ready
- I usually let it sit in the pan for 5 minutes before taking it out of the pan and then place it on a wire rack to cool.
- Let it cool completely before slicing.